New to yoga
Welcome to yoga at Kula! Yoga is a powerful and transformative practice that can be done by students of all levels, ages and abilities. While our teachers and staff will help you settle in and feel comfortable at Kula, it can take time to get familiar with this practice. Please feel free to ask anyone at the studio any questions. Here are some friendly tips to get you started.
GUIDELINES FOR PRACTICE:
- Be patient and kind to yourself as your practice unfolds.
- Arrive ten to fifteen minutes early to prepare for class.
- Refrain from eating a heavy meal two to three hours before practicing.
- Arrive well hydrated!
- Please remove shoes upon entering the studio.
- Remember to turn off your mobile device to cultivate a calm and peaceful space.
- Sign-in at the front desk before you enter the change room.
- Inform your teacher if you are working with any limitations or injuries to ensure you have a safe and healing practice.
- Observe silence in the studio before the start of class to allow time for meditation and reflection.
- Avoid wearing perfume or cologne, as others may have allergic reactions to fragrances.
- Wear clothing that is comfortable and wicks away sweat.
- All classes are drop-in, unless specified as pre-registered.
What to bring:
Hot Yoga Classes: a yoga mat, a beach-size towel and water
(A second towel is suggested for the shower after class!)
Regular Temperature Classes: a yoga mat and water
Comfortable clothing that is easy to move in and wicks away sweat.
Our change rooms are equipped with lockers, private showers and complimentary eco-friendly Dr. Bronner’s spa soap, shampoo and conditioner for your comfort and convenience.
ALKALINE WATER FOR WATER BOTTLES:
An alkaline water filtration system is available for your use in each change room. We encourage you to stay well hydrated both on and off the mat!
Please bring your own mat. If you do not have your own, we have deluxe Manduka mats or grippy B Mats available to rent for $2.00. Mats are disinfected after each use with Benefect, a 100% botanical and hospital-grade disinfectant made of plant products.
*If you prefer, B Mats and Manduka yoga mats are available to purchase at reception.
JUST IN CASE…WE HAVE IT ON HAND:
Red Leaf Bio-Degradable Bottled Water $1.50.
Shower towels $2.00
Manduka Yoga mat towels $2.00
*To prevent sliding on your mat.
Coconut Water $3.00-$5.00
Vega Electrolyte Hydrator $1.50
*If you’re feeling tired or depleted in class, this is a great way for a natural energy boost; add to your water for an alkaline-forming drink that is sugar and artificial sweeteners free.