Prepare your mind and body for pregnancy, labour, birth and the postpartum period through combined childbirth education and partner yoga.
Together we offer you the best of our worlds: a modern, evidence-based and judgement-free prenatal class, the incredible and lasting benefits of yoga and physiotherapy.
In this 5 week series, you’ll learn the following:
- Pregnancy, labour and birth: stages, positions, coping strategies
- Tips and tricks for confident birth partners
- What happens in the first minutes, hours and days after baby is born
- Postpartum care for mom and baby: recovery, infant care, feeding
- Preventing/healing from pelvic floor weakness, “mummy tummy”
Prenatal yoga is beneficial for optimal physical and mental wellness, relief from aches and pains and strength for labour and delivery. Previous experience is not required! Both mothers and their partners benefit from the yoga components of this class.
To prepare you for your separate roles in childbirth, you’ll be lead through the following:
- Individual and partner poses to strengthen and stretch the body
- Breath awareness and control
- Exercises to deepen your personal connection
Want to know more? Check out more info and blog posts at: www.oakvillefamilybirth.com
- Bring your yoga mats, if you have one.
- Water bottle and snacks, if you like
- Pen and notepad, if you wish. You’ll receive a binder with notes and handouts
- Questions! Bring all your questions you have lingering in your head or even better write them down and bring them to class. We offer a question period at the end of the information portion to address anything you’re wondering about.
- Layers – for yoga (activewear, bare feet recommended), but wear layers (sweater, socks etc.) so you’re comfortable during the information portions of the class.
Sunday, May 27th-June 24th (5 weeks) | 12:00-2:30pm
$349 + hst per pair I 10% off for Members